There are several tax benefits of leasing equipment for businesses:
- Deductibility of lease payments: Lease payments made by a business are generally considered tax-deductible expenses, which can help to reduce the overall tax burden of the business.
- Off-balance sheet financing: Leasing equipment allows a business to keep the equipment off its balance sheet, which can improve its financial ratios and make it more attractive to lenders.
- Section 179 Deduction: Businesses can take advantage of Section 179 deduction, which allows them to deduct the full cost of qualifying equipment up to a certain limit in the first year, rather than depreciating the equipment over several years.
- Bonus Depreciation: As of 2021, businesses can take advantage of the 100% bonus depreciation, which allows them to deduct the full cost of qualifying equipment in the first year, regardless of when it was placed in service.
- State tax benefits: Some states may offer additional tax benefits for leasing equipment, such as sales tax exemptions or reduced property taxes.
It’s important to note that these tax benefits may vary depending on the type of equipment being leased, the terms of the lease, and the jurisdiction in which the business is located. Businesses should consult with a tax professional to ensure they are aware of all tax benefits that may apply to their specific situation.
In summary, leasing equipment can offer various tax benefits to businesses, such as deductibility of lease payments, off-balance sheet financing, Section 179 Deduction, Bonus Depreciation, and State Tax benefits. These benefits may vary depending on the type of equipment, the terms of the lease and the location of the business. Consult with a tax professional to understand the tax benefits that apply to your specific situation.
Because I specialize in equipment and software financing between $1k – $1mil, it’s important that I move rapidly. And with the help of my team, I’m able to move deals from application to funding within hours.
And not just for well-established companies, I close quickly on start-ups and sole props as well.
I work hard every day, rarely take a day off, and ALWAYS return calls. And with my decade-plus of experience in finance, I know how to work a deal. Call me and find out for yourself.